Established in 1873, the Surfside Life-Saving Station is now a youth hostel. Accommodations for overnight and/or long-term stays available.
Nantucket Historic District is the finest surviving architectural and environmental example of a late 18th- and early 19th-century New England seaport town.
Located next to important shipping lanes running along the East Coast when maritime travel was in its heyday, Nantucket Island saw hundreds of vessels passing by each day.
Built in Curtis Bay, Maryland, Lightship Nantucket (WLV-612) was the last lightship built by the Coast Guard. It is now a private vessel available for charter.
The Nantucket Cliff Range Lighthouse is a range light designed to work in conjunction with the Brant Point Lighthouse.
Housed in a historic candle factory, the Nantucket Whaling Museum tells the story of Nantucket whalers from their beginnings in the 17th century to the present day.
The goal of the U.S. Life-Saving Service Heritage Association is to preserve the stations, history, boats, and equipment of the U.S. Life-Saving Service and the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Nantucket Preservation Trust serves as an advocate for Nantucket Island.
The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket Island and fosters an appreciation of its historic significance.
The Brant Point Lighthouse was established in 1746. The current wooden tower was constructed in 1901 and automated in 1965.
Located at the historic Coffin School, an impressive 1854 Greek Revival-style building in the heart of Nantucket Town, the Egan Maritime Institute is the island's maritime museum.